The high quality of the products, as well as the food hygiene and safety, are ensured by the following procedures:
1. Our chemical laboratories, in Psachna Evia and in Heraklion Crete, perform continuous quality controls according to the most demanding quality standards.
2. At Psachna factory, we are implementing the following quality systems, for which we are certified:
- Food safety system according to the “Global Standard for Food Safety” of the British Retail Consortium (BRC), certified by the British inspection and certification company SAI GLOBAL. The system is applied to the blending, filtering and refining of olive oils and olive pomace oil sold in bulk or packed in glass bottles or metallic cans. A further certification is acquired by the British certification company NFS for the bottling of extra virgin olive oil and of olive oils and olive pomace oil in PET bottles and metal containers and standardization and bottling of vegetable oils in PET bottles.
- Food safety system, according to the IFS standard for the bottling of extra virgin olive oil and of olive oils and olive pomace oil in PET bottles and metal containers and standardization and bottling of vegetable oils in PET bottles.
- Food safety management system, according to ISO 22000 (HACCP) standard for the storage and distribution of bottled oils (food logistics).
3. All the necessary traceability procedures are applied throughout the production and storage processes and in compliance with the above quality systems and the Greek and European legislation.